The last thing you want to happen is a mix up of dental histories amongst patients due to disorganization. This could not only cause an accident, but a possible lawsuit. To avoid such consequences, organization is key. Here are some tips on how you can maintain an office that is welcoming and clean:
- Ensure that you are employing well-trained and loyal staff members. If someone does not care about their position, they will lack a work ethic, which could result in disorganization.
- Prepare a procedural manual with job descriptions and anything else employees may need to know to perform tasks effectively and with little to no mistakes.
- Oversee billing procedures and filing to ensure that payment s are collected for treatments given to patients.
- Make sure receptionists are speaking to all patients directly so if any issues arise, then can be dealt with immediately.
- Hold meetings with the entire office on a weekly basis to ensure all procedures are running properly.
- Use a scheduling system that can help improve productivity and staff efficiency. In addition, a more efficient schedule creates better patient flow and reduces stress.