Each person in your practice needs to know how to protect your data. This is a responsibility everyone should take. Enlist an expert to conduct training. Regularly have refresher courses to make sure everyone is updated. Be strict in enforcing compliance and security measures. Even the simplest actions have a great effect. Here are some measures to take:
- Limiting access of certain data to authorized personnel only
- Enforcing the use of proper passwords
- Avoiding logging into social media using company resources and access
- Being responsible with internet use
- Implementing the proper security measures like anti-virus software and firewalls
- Being up to date and regularly installing patches
- Having a dedicated cybersecurity expert on hand
It is very important to always be consistent and maintain all security actions regularly. Technology advances in a phenomenal rate so it is important you're employees are always ready and updated.
Take it to the cloud
Maintaining your own infrastructure to house your data is very taxing. You will need to maintain your hardware, software, applications, and connectivity. You will need dedicated personnel to keep these systems running. If you are a small practice, this can get expensive and difficult. You will have less time to concentrate on your main purpose, which is your medical practice.
This is where cloud computing comes in. Have someone else worry about everything else and just focus on using and accessing your data. Most cloud subscriptions already include the following features:
- Data encryption and protection
- Back-up and restorations
- Security detection and enforcement
You may even have added services like business intelligence and analytics. Learn from the data that you have without having to worry about someone stealing it.
As a medical practitioner, confidentiality is a core value. Make sure your patients are protected by ensuring you are secured against cyber attacks. Get added protection by having the right insurance for your practice. At Professional Insurance Plans, we aim to provide comprehensive insurance policies that makes your life easier. You can get more information about our products and services by calling our agency at (859) 543-8955. Get your free quote today by clicking here.