How do you allow your employees to dress in your dentist office? In casual or business wear? Depending on what kind of perception you want to come across to patients, a happy medium can show your services are valuable and trustworthy. Here are some tips to help you convey the message you want to in your office through clothing:
- Wear polished dress shoes or loafers for a clean look.
- Create a uniform that follows OSHA regulations. This can include lab coats, which can make anyone look professional.
- Wear professional looking dress pants that are a solid color.
- Have employees wear quality dress shirts or blouses that aren’t multicolored or have crazy patterns.
- Basic grooming is a must. This includes staying on top of clean skin, nails, and hair.
- All body and mouth odor should be maintained and neutral. Avoid perfumes or mouth wash that are too strong or may be sensitive to patients’ noses.
- Never allow your employees to smoke near or on the premises. The smell of smoke is inappropriate in a dentist office.