What are the benefits of empowerment? As a business professional, you know how good it feels to hear you are doing a good job or that you satisfied a client. So don’t you think your employees would enjoy hearing the positive feedback as well? Providing them with words of encouragement in public can show the entire office how supportive you are, helping create a close knit team. Here are some tips to get started on empowering your staff towards success:
- Give your employees the ability to make decisions about how they work and how they interact with customers.
- Empowering your workforce can positively affect your customer’s experience.
- Create a culture of ownership where ideas are encouraged and respected so your workforce can feel comfortable speaking up for any reason.
- Provide each employee with the necessary information to do the job, but trust they will do it right at the end of the day.
- Match a specific project with a person who has the right skill sets.
- Keep everyone in the loop about new initiatives or changes so everyone can make informed decisions together.
- Offer educational training days for your staff.
- Set up formal performance reviews so each individual can understand their strengths and where they can improve.